Search This Blog

coins.ph

Monday, April 20, 2015

Who Loves a Stray Cat?

As a child we watch television very much and we have our favorite anime (i.e Japanese manga) characters. 

My favorite back when I am still a child is Doraemon. Doraemon roughly translated in Japanese means a stray cat. 

In the story, Doraemon is a 22nd century robot cat who traveled back in time to help a young boy named Nobita Nobi. 

Nobita as a child is very unlucky and full of misfortunes. Some of these misfortunes happen because of his own plain stupidity or clumsiness. But even though he is young, he has a love interest already in the name of Shizuka Minamoto. 

There are other interesting characters in the story like the bully Takeshi also known as "Gian" and the cunning Suneo.
I can relate much to every story and episode because the plot and the scenes are derived from true to life stories and most of the things discussed have some universal truths in it. 

I am also looking forward to the gadgets that Doraemon take out from his belly pockets and the ways in which Nobita will use it for his and other people's expense. 

Everything is just so entertaining and most importantly at the end of every episode you will be able to learn some moral lessons. 

This is what every show whether anime or not should focus on, that is, educating the youth, bringing back their humanity and understanding life as depicted and served in a comic and entertaining way. 

I know I am not the only one who loves Doraemon so much and up until now that I am a grown up and a re-run of the show is being televised again in the Philippines after many years. 

One would not be so insensitive as to become teary eyed as I recall the days of my youth and I get to watch Doraemon in the afternoon with my siblings and friends. 


I really love you my stray cat - my Doraemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment