1. Look for promo's in the net or from onsite travel and tours agency for vacation package that is suited to your budget. Just make sure that you have check the background of the seller of the package and that the package is legitimate. Book early, because the earlier you book your trip the cheaper is the price that some tours are being offered.
2. Do not bring the house with you in your vacation trip. Just bring the necessary things like toiletries, medic-kit and money. Leave the "pambahay" things behind. Bring the best bathing suit, swimming trunks for the guys and the plane ticket of course if you are travelling by plane. Do not forget the hat, the big ones to protect you from the heat of the sun.
3. Check the weather condition of the place you are going to visit. The weather nowadays is very unpredictable. Typhoons and thunderstorms can happen even during the dry season.
4. When it is time to leave the house, you have to make sure that everything is in order. Unplugged all that are needed to be unplug. Check the gas tank for leaks. Check the door and the locks. Turn on the CCTV camera and connect it online if it is available. That way you can check the house status even if you are in the far away Boracay or Siargao island.
5. During your stay in your vacation place learn to adapt to the ways of the locals. You have to adjust to their customs. Respect their traditions and most of all be friendly and have a happy disposition.
Vacations can be made stress-free as well as fun if you prepared for it well ahead of time. Careful planning is the key towards having an enjoyable, memorable and share-able summer vacation out of town.
Have fun this summer!