Search This Blog

coins.ph

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Precocious Precious Memories



I have been thinking what to share in this blog because I have a lot of things going on in my mind like politics maybe or discuss some recent events like the China's constant incursions in the West Philippine Sea.


I have to pause for a second, organize the ideas and then I decided to go on for maybe just a little introduction of myself.

My name is Ronel. My mother told me that its meaning in Hebrew is “song for the god” but ironically I can’t sing for God’s sake.

I am the only boy and I have three siblings.

I am also the “bunso” (it means youngest in Filipino) and being the youngest, people easily conclude that I am the spoiled or the favorite in the family, but I can prove them wrong.

I am tasked of doing the house errands and do the sub for the cooking when my “nanay” (mother in Filipino) is not around. I have also collected a good amount of scolding and pinching because I am too “pasaway” (naughty boy). But all the children in the world I think are like that.


I could not recall a time when I was not reprimanded.

Every time I go out and play with the neighbors I always end up being the bully. However, they always invite me to play because I give them “chichirias” (snacks). Kids are always like that, it does not bother them whether you hit them yesterday, anger just fade away that easily just on sight of the littlest and simplest thing that you have.

Our neighbor used to ask my mother, where is your mischievous son? And she would reply, Oh, my son? He has become a good and handsome man now!

I love it when my mother boast of me and tell it to her friends, and as universal as it is, all mothers will always say good and beautiful things about their children. Although I was never my parents pet, I have tried my best to make them proud by winning gold medals in the many quizzes and spelling bee contest that I joined.

My sisters who were jealous of my award will then tease me and will make spell difficult words like RENDEZVOUS and COUP D' ETAT and I will then tell them to spell CZECHOSLOVAKIA before I spell the word, it usually worked because they will suddenly change the topic.

I am so glad and blessed that I have them as my siblings even though they always make a fun of me.

There was this one time when a playmate told me that I am still “supot” (uncircumcised) and I retorted, "And so what I’ll be tule (circumcised) na this coming summer." I did not know that my sister overheard of this ridicule and he told the boy, “So what if his uncircumcised? His "putotoy" (penis) is evidently bigger than yours”. That comment really blew my funny bones and for that I loved my sister twenty times more than before.

I really had a great and interesting memories as a child, as a school boy and as a youth. I thank God for my loving parents. We as a family have created those precious moments that I will cherished forever.





One thing that is constantly reminding me of this experience is when it rains heavily outside and the trees


sway like their dancing with the wind. Inside the house my sisters and I would either watch television or play scrabbles and my mother will then give us a bowl of hot noodles to warm our stomach.

How I wish we can do that again.

How I wish I have the power to turn back the hands of time and be in that youthful bliss again.

How I miss the times like that, if I could turn back the days, I will do it and be in it time and time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment